Terms of Service
- Stockflare Limited (“Stockflare”} wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use and disclose information from and about you.
- Our Services are not targeted to children, and do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 14 years of age.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Stockflare and our service providers may collect the following information from and about you:
- Personal Information. “Personal Information” is the information that identifies you as an individual, such as name, postal address, telephone number, email address, credit or debit card number, profile picture, or social media account ID.
- Personal Information from You. We collect Personal Information when, for example, you register for or subscribe to certain products or services, create a profile, participate in a sweepstakes, contest or game, take a survey, visit our Services, use an interactive feature (such as sharing), or participate in a community forum.
- Other Information. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity, such as browser information, app usage data, information collected through cookies and other technologies, demographic information, and aggregated information.
- Other Information You Submit. We collect Other Information when you submit it to us. It may include your gender, zip code, post code, birthday, education, occupation, financial information (such as your income, investments, portfolio transactions and value, and other information), and interests.
- Other Information We Receive from Third Parties. We may receive Other Information about you from third parties, including, for example, demographic data, information about your interests, and information about your activities on other websites.
- Other Information We Collect Automatically When You are Online. When you access and interact with our Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect certain information about those visits. For example, in order to permit your connection to our Services, our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, potentially including your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access our Services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (“UDID”), geolocation data, or other transactional information for that device.
- Stockflare and our service providers may collect the following information from and about you:
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- We use the Personal Information we collect from and about you for the purposes set forth below. Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose,except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use and disclose it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. We may combine Other Information with your Personal Information, and when we do, we treat the combined information as Personal Information.
- To improve the quality of our products and services and to personalize your experience by presenting content, products and offers tailored to you, we may also combine the Personal and Other Information we collect with information relating to your use of other Stockflare products, services and websites. In addition, we may supplement the Personal and Other Information we collect with information from other sources, such as publicly available information from social media services, commercially available sources and information from business partners.
To provide and manage our services. We use the information we collect from and about you to provide our products and services and features to you, including: to process and fulfill your subscription, to send you information about your relationship or transactions with us, to measure and improve those services and features, to allow you to comment on content and participate in online games, contests, promotions or rewards programs, to provide you with customer support, including online chats, and to respond to inquiries. Some of our Services use the information we collect in site-specific ways. For example:
- To deliver relevant content and recommendations. To make your experience more interesting and personalized, we may use any of the Personal and Other Information we collect to assist us in delivering content on any of our Services.
- To deliver relevant online advertising. Our Services and our service providers may use any of the information we collect from and about you (in certain cases, such as with respect to financial information, only with your express permission) to assist us in delivering relevant ads to you when you use our Services or another service provided by Stockflare or unaffiliated third parties. (See Information We Collect, above, for details on the types of information we may use.) As noted above, we may work with third party online advertising companies and advertisers who help deliver these ads to you. Information about your activities on our Services and other non-personally identifiable information about you may be used to limit the online ads you encounter to those we believe are consistent with your interests.
- To allow social sharing functionality. If you log in with or connect a social media service account with our Services, we may use Personal and Other Information to facilitate your sharing of information between our Services and your social media service.
- To contact you. Stockflare may periodically send promotional materials or notifications related to our products and services. To help make these promotional materials more relevant to you, we may use and combine any of the Personal and Other Information we collect to assist us in sending you promotional materials. If you want to stop receiving promotional materials from us, you can change your account setting through the appropriate link on the website account services page or follow the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. There are certain service notifications that you may not opt-out of, such as renewal notices and notifications of changes to Stockflare products and services or policies. If you have installed a mobile app and you wish to stop receiving push notifications, you can change the settings either on your mobile device or through the app. We may also use your information to respond to inquiries or requests you make to us.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- Information Made Public Through Use of Our Services and User Privacy Settings. Certain features on our Services give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. These may include the Collaboration Tools, community forums, chats, submitting a letter to the editor, creating community profiles, and rating, tagging and commenting on articles. When you use these features, you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, user name, location, email address, profile information, picture, likes, status, and comments, including any political or religious or other beliefs you express, may be publicly available to anyone, including other users, search engines, advertisers, third party application developers, and anyone else with access to our Services. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit and make public through these interactive features.
- To manage corporate, third-party, and student subscriptions. If your subscription is provided in whole or in part by a third party, we may notify the provider when you access or use your subscription. If you have a student subscription associated with a professor or school, we may notify your professor or school to confirm your subscription, access or use. When providing these notices, we may reveal limited amounts of your Personal Information such as your name or email address.
- To allow third-party service providers to assist us in providing and managing our services. We may make your Personal Information available to certain third-party service providers, such as contractors, agents or sponsors, who help us manage or provide our products and services by, for example: developing or supporting products and features; sending email messages on our behalf; processing payments; fulfilling orders; delivering subscriptions; auditing; processing data or statistics; and serving, customizing or delivering marketing or ads. These outside service providers are required to protect Personal Information entrusted to them and not use it for any other purpose than the specific service they are providing to us.
- We may share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for such parties’; own marketing purposes if you have given us permission to do so.
- To complete a merger or sale of assets. If Stockflare sells all or part of its business or makes a sale or transfer of its assets or is otherwise involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business, Stockflare may transfer your information to the party or parties involved in the transaction as part of that transaction.
Stockflare uses commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard Personal Information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification. However, no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the instructions below.
HOW TO ACCESS, CORRECT OR UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
Subscribers and registered users can update their Personal Information online by signing on to their accounts and visiting the appropriate account management sections of our websites and Services.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Location of Data. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using our products and services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
- Data Protection. Your Personal Information is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998. This provides that the information which we hold about you should be processed fairly and lawfully, should be accurate, relevant and not excessive, not be retained for longer than is necessary and, if applicable, be kept up to date. For more information on the Data Protection Act 1998 and your related rights please see http://ico.gov.uk.
- Linked Services. Our Services may also be linked to sites operated by third parties, and may carry advertisements or offer content, functionality, games or applications developed and maintained by third parties.
We ask that you not disclose any sensitive Personal Information (e.g. social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) when contacting us.